Do you know it took me 30 years to figure out how to do my hair? And it all happened in the good ol' DSM.
This all happened while I've been a wedding photographer, might I add. Anywho, I feel that 30 years is an ESPECIALLY slow learning curve. Goodness. Much to my surprise, someone asked me for a how-to on how I achieve my hair-do. I think this is kinda funny, so here it is.
- Wash with very expensive Herbal Essences shampoo (because I love the smell).
- Spray Aveda Brilliant all over when wet. And comb through.
- Blow dry. And plug in straightener and curling wand.
- Flatten ends (just bottom 1/3).
- Curl 1/4 in chunks of hair. Hold wand vertically, cord part up. Curl hair away from face.
- Hair spray all over, and underneath with Aveda Air Control (because it's a light mist hairspray and feels dry going in so doesn't get sticky, and SMELLS phenomenal).
- Back comb lower portion of hair (bottom 2/3s) with a 'fro pick. I learned this from Meryl Streep in It's Complicated. It combs out the curls a bit and gives you some sultry fluff. (Do others think it's sultry? No idea. But I do know when I have bad days I grab my pick and back comb. It relieves stress and gives me big hair... = Love. I'll even offer to pick out other peoples' hair).
- Then lastly, I Aveda Air Control the sh*t out of it again...make sure you get up and under...get to the roots and finger fluff the roots a little.
You may not be too impressed. Enjoy Lula, cause she's got some pretty stellar hair herself. And a bunch of it is on my pants.